Quick and easy giving
The Foundation uses CanadaHelps as its’ online fundraising solution. It is easy, trusted and secure.
Donations to any Foundation initiative, Avon Maitland school or school project can be swiftly directed and instantly receipted using the Foundation’s Giving Page at CanadaHelps.
Simply click the button below:
Note: CanadaHelps deducts 4% fee from total donation.
Gift to Honour
We know that some of you like to give gifts of appreciation to that special teacher, custodian, bus driver, principal or secretary.
Perhaps you’re wondering what gift to give?
We invite you to consider a:
A Gift To Honour
With a ‘Gift to Honour’ you can choose to make a donation in someone’s honour and 100% of that donation will be designated for a project within your own school.
Here is the process:
- Fill out the Gift to Honour & Tax Receipt Information
- Attach a cheque for your chosen amount. The cheque must be made payable to the Foundation For Education who will issue a charitable tax receipt for the full amount
- Return this Form and cheque to your school to be forwarded to the Foundation
- Pick up a Gift to Honour card at the school and fill out for the child to hand to the person receiving the card
For Avon Maitland staff who ‘get it’
Payroll Deduction Response form
“Contributing to the Foundation only strengthens Avon Maitland as every dollar provides enrichment to our students and complement to our work.
Please consider making the Foundation a charity of choice through payroll deduction.”
Ted Doherty Director of Education – Avon Maitland District School Board
Coupled with our $70,000 in fundraising efforts, $2 a pay from every permanent Avon Maitland staff member would yearly mean $155,000 into programs like Sci-Tech Encounters, ART | LIFE workshops, H.L Roszell Special Education Fund, Small Project Grants & Canadian Reading Fund.
Sending your regards
We annually process approximately 2500 receipts. Donations received on behalf of school campaigns, projects, etc. are tracked and processed with monies transferred to schools every two weeks.
With a brief memo as to what you’d like the donation to be directed to (ie: Foundation program or school), please make cheques payable to the Foundation for Education and send to:
Foundation for Education, 62 Chalk St. N., Seaforth, ON N0K 1W0
Set it and forget it
One of the best and easiest ways to give is to set up a monthly donation.
Monthly giving lets you:
- Spread your giving out throughout the year
- Easily budget for charitable giving
- Make an ongoing commitment to the Foundation
- Feel good!
Through CanadaHelps, you can set up automatic monthly donations by credit card. You choose the amount and which day of the month to be charged.
Set it and forget it. Here’s how:
- Set up or log in to your CanadaHelps MyCanadaHelps account
- Remember that you need to save a credit card on file for monthly donations
- Click the Monthly Giving tab
- Choose the FOUNDATION FOR ENRICHING EDUCATION PERTH HURON
- Click DONATE MONTHLY
- Enter the details of your monthly donation.
Donations of Securities
The most tax-efficient way to give to charity.
In 2006, the federal government eliminated capital gains tax on donations of publicly traded securities (stocks & mutual funds). Donations of securities let you make a greater impact with your donation and receive a larger tax benefit.
Donate securities to a project or fund administered by the Foundation or to the Foundation itself through CanadaHelps. CanadaHelps lets you:
- Make your pledge online
- Donate to multiple charities with one single transfer
- Receive your donation receipt by email
Giving securities through CanadaHelps is quick, easy and secure. Here’s how it works:
- Select the Foundation’s page and complete the details of you pledge.
- Print & submit the Letter of Authorization to your financial advisor.
- Securities are transferred to CanadaHelps by your financial advisor.
- CanadaHelps sends you a tax receipt.
- Securities are sold and the donation is forwarded to the Foundation
CanadaHelps is proud to be the first charity in Canada to accept gifts of securities online.
Make your donation of securities today: www.canadahelps.org/securities
More and more we field questions from potential donors wishing to leave a legacy by enriching and supporting young people.
The Foundation houses legacy funds directed by the donor and earmarked for specific use that is accessible to all Avon Maitland schools. Examples would be Board-wide Special Education Funds or Science related grants.
Scholarships and bursaries are administered by the Finance Department of Avon Maitland District School Board. Inquiries can be made to Tammy Ducharme at the Education Centre 1-800-592-5437 xt. 229
To help with your planning, there are three types of bequests:
1. Specific Bequest – this is where donors wish to leave a specified amount of money OR a percentage of your estate to a school
2. Residual Bequest – this is where donors state in their will that a portion or balance of their estate is to pass to a school once the other beneficiaries are provided for.
3. Contingent Bequest – in this type of bequest donors direct in their will that the school receives all or a portion of your estate intended for other beneficiaries should those beneficiaries die before the donor does.
Some donors opt to put restrictions on a bequest…ie. that it only be used for music programs in the school or as you say for nutrition programs. We always encourage donors to consider carefully the ramifications of making specific designations…..if the music program ceases to exist, then the funds have to sit unused.
Many of the questions we receive concern the proper wording to be used in wills.
Though we defer to the wisdom of the donor’s lawyer, the following example is suggested wording for a Specific Bequest to a designated school:
“I give to the Foundation For Education Perth Huron, which serves the schools of the Avon Maitland District School Board, the sum of $________________ to be transferred to ___________________(name of school). I impose no restrictions upon the use of this bequest by.________________(name of school). In the event that this school no longer exists at the time of my death, I direct the Foundation to disperse the funds to the nearest school to _____________(name of school).
Please contact us anytime to discuss your thoughts at 1-800-592-5437 xt 231 or email: