EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR – FOUNDATION FOR EDUCATION PERTH HURON
The Foundation for Education Perth Huron is a not for profit that works closely with the Avon Maitland District School Board to create programs used by teachers and students within the Board. Specifically, our mission at the Foundation for Education Perth-Huron is to enhance life and learning for our students. Through our core values of community, creativity, collaboration and courage we aim to provide enrichments to their educational experience, while also providing assistance to those students with the greatest of needs. We have been providing enhanced programing since 1989 and are proud of offering children experiences that expand their learning portfolio. We are currently seeking a creative, responsive and dedicated individual to who can lead FEPH into the future with continued excellence in programing while also creating innovative ideas for future growth.
Scope of Position
The Executive Director will report to and work with the Foundation for Education Perth Huron. S/he will be responsible for implementing the current strategic plan with an emphasis on long term sustainability by diversifying revenue and building strong relationships with donors/constituents and promoting awareness of the organization within the greater community. The key operational role will be to provide leadership in the area of effective program delivery utilizing our resources in an efficient manner. Applicants should have a history of leadership in the non-profit sector. This is a 30/hr per week position and offers a flexible schedule to accomplish board approved goals. Office space is available, though the incumbent may choose to work from home some of the time.
The Executive Director will:
- Diversify revenue streams
- Build awareness and recognition of FFE through a concerted marketing communications effort
- Lead the development and maintenance of long-term relationships with donors and prospects
- Conceptualize, implement and manage the development of innovative and creative communication, marketing and media relations plans and strategies
- Work closely with the Board of Directors to implement the strategic plan • Deliver consistent, irreproachable financial management, 100% compliance, and accurate reporting
- Build connections with members of the not-for-profit community; stay abreast of the not-for-profit industry
- Manage FFE’s website, social media and digital media production
- Must have a valid driver’s license and regular access to a working vehicle
- Reports to the Board of Directors
- Regularly liaises with the Board Chair and AMDSB staff
- Administrative Oversight, Operations and Management
- Strategic Planning and Visioning implementation
- Outreach and Marketing
The ED will be thoroughly committed to and passionate about the Foundation’s mission. Candidates are preferred to have proven experience in cross-functional management, relationship building, and development/fundraising.
Concrete demonstrable experience and qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in business management with a focus on not-for-profit (or equivalent practical experience)
- 5+ years of senior management experience with a track record of effectively leading an organization
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to oversee a multifunctional environment, while performing individual duties
- Ability to develop, lead, and motivate an established multifunctional team • Past experience setting and achieving strategic objectives and managing an organization’s finances/budget
- Confident and consistent decision-making skills and ability to be a positive role model to staff.
Qualified applicants are asked to submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae in PDF format via email by May 6, 2021 at 5:00p to:
Foundation for Education Perth Huron
62 Chalk Street North
Seaforth, Ontario N0K 1W0
The successful candidate will be expected to be in agreement with the mission and policies of FEEPH. We thank all applicants for applying, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.